Update: My portfolio is now online at www.RyanCargoPhotography.com.
Since this blog is primarily a photo journal, a few notes on the photography:
My primary camera is a Nikon D700 with the lenses below. It’s robust, weatherproof, and really only limited by the bald guy looking through it. The full-frame FX sensor works magic in low-light situations, especially when paired with my favorite lens, the 50mm below.
– Wide Angle Zoom: AF PHOENIX 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5
– Wide Angle: AF NIKKOR 24mm f/2.8 D (on loan, thanks Dad!)
– Pinhole: CUSTOM ~50mm ~f/200
– Normal: AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8 D
– Normal Zoom: AF NIKKOR 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 D
– Normal Zoom: AF NIKKOR 35-70mm f/2.8 D
– Telephoto Zoom: AF NIKKOR 70-210mm f/4-5.6 D
To supplement I also carry a few filters, an external flash, and other “purist” means to take a picture with the camera alone. That said, I use Adobe Photoshop and Photomatix HDR software where it seems like fun.
I also carry an Olympus XZ-1, Canon Powershot A495, or Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS6, which all fit in a pocket and are each a step above having to a draw scenes with colored pencils.
As for the question “Who takes the picture of you?!”, most often it’s with a tripod and self timer, remote release, or some kind of tripwire. Otherwise I’ll try to give credit to those responsible.